- Ages U14 and up
- 8-10 sessions per week
- Summer season May, June, July, August and September
- Winter season : October through April
- Year round membership
- Cost : $400
The Greater Edmonton Racing Canoe Kayak Club offers a 6-month on water sprint racing program for the development of competitive sprint athletes. The program is open to paddlers 14 years and older who have demonstrated a high commitment level and the potential to compete at the national level.
The sprint racing program includes the development of a personalized training program which incorporates short and long term objectives. The program includes:
- minimum 8-10 training sessions per week
- personalized on water instruction and coaching
- stroke analysis through on-water coaching and video analysis
- personalized physical conditioning program
- dry-land training which may include agility, strength, speed and endurance training.
On-water training begins around May 1st and continues through to October. In October, the focus switches to dry-land training and conditioning programs: running, skiing, swimming, weight training and other fitness activities. Team members planning to compete for spots on the provincial and national teams will usually attend spring training camps in the US and Europe.
Download the summer training schedule Summer Weekly Training Schedule High performance program