Vision, Mission, values
Vision, Mission, values & strategic goals (2016-2020)
To provide the people of St Albert and Edmonton area with a sprint canoe and kayak racing club that offers high quality programming within a safe, fun and supportive environment so that athletes of all ages and abilities can set and pursue goals – ranging from recreational to internationally competitive – contributing to their personal and athletic development.
To build the sport of sprint canoe/kayak racing in Edmonton and area to foster performance excellence and athlete wellbeing.
The specific aims or objects of the GERCKC are:
- to promote and teach the safe and effective paddling skills;
- to give all youth and adults an opportunity to learn, enjoy and practice the sport of sprint canoe/kayak;
- to assist athletes to reach provincial, national and international team status in sprint canoe/kayak racing;
- to provide an activity that will develop qualities and behaviors befitting a sportsperson, leadership and physical well-being in all athletes; and
- to promote a lifelong association with the sport of paddling within the community.
- A supportive and inclusive environment that encourages all participants to set goals, strive and grow
- The pursuit of excellence based on our LTAD pathway.
- The contributions and investments in “community” and individuals made by all partners and volunteers
- The relationships that leverage talent, build teams and are respectful
- The courage to set and pursue goals, as individuals and in teams
- The promotion of positive self-esteem along with a sense of team and club pride
- Diversity in people, abilities and goals and programming that accommodates this diversity
- The role of clubs and programming in contributing toward healthy people and communities
- Ethical participation and fair play
4- STRATEGIC GOALS:
The strategic goals of the club to drive our actions until 2020 are:
- Grow and expand the sport of paddling;
- Build a committed paddling community;
- Participate and perform at local, provincial and national level
- Grow and sustain club assets and physical infrastructure